- 1 How do you assemble graduation announcements?
- 2 What do you write on high school graduation announcements?
- 3 Why do graduation announcements have two envelopes?
- 4 How early do you send graduation announcements?
- 5 What size picture do you put in graduation announcements?
- 6 Do parents send graduation announcements?
- 7 What are good quotes for graduation?
- 8 What is a good amount to give for graduation?
- 9 Are graduation announcements tacky?
- 10 How do you ask for money in graduation announcements?
- 11 Is a graduation announcement an invitation?
- 12 Should you hand address graduation announcements?
- 13 Who should you invite to a graduation party?
- 14 What is proper etiquette for college graduation announcements?
How do you assemble graduation announcements?
Announcements and Namecard Etiquette
- Send your Announcements to family and friends early enough to arrive two weeks before your graduation date.
- Two envelopes come with each announcement. Address the larger, outer envelope with a blue or black pen. Write out the complete address, using as few abbreviations as possible.
What do you write on high school graduation announcements?
What To Write On Graduation Announcements
- Full Name.
- Graduation Year.
- Name of High School or College.
- Degree Earned and Major.
- Date of Graduation.
Why do graduation announcements have two envelopes?
If there are two envelopes included with your graduation announcements: The outer envelope tells the post office where to deliver the graduation announcement. This envelope has a gummed flap and is the slightly larger envelope. It is hand-addressed in blue or black ink with no abbreviations (other than Mr.
How early do you send graduation announcements?
Graduation announcements should be sent out at least two weeks before the event. If they don’t include an invitation, you can send them up to six weeks after the event. You may also consider sending out a save the date email three months before the ceremony to ensure loved ones can attend.
What size picture do you put in graduation announcements?
A 4×6 professional photo, or one taken on a good quality camera, works the best. Although 3×5 and 5×7 photos can also produce good images, you will have to do the least adjusting with the 4×6 size.
Do parents send graduation announcements?
They’re sent to most family members, but for those outside of the family, announcements are only sent to people the graduate knows, not to those who have relationships exclusively with the parents of the graduate. You’ll want to read it if you have a graduate or have received an announcement or party invitation.
What are good quotes for graduation?
Short Graduation Quotes
- “Be bold, be courageous, be your best.”
- “There is no script.
- “Wherever you go, go with all your heart.”
- “Follow your fear.”
- “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.”
- “Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor.”
- “We know what we are, but know not what we may be.”
What is a good amount to give for graduation?
College Graduation Gift Etiquette Bright Hub states that many people give between $100 and $500 as a college graduation gift. Typically, for a 2- to 4-year degree, anywhere from $50-100 is appropriate for a parent, advanced degrees go up by about $100 for each degree.
Are graduation announcements tacky?
The experts agree it is tacky for grads to mention gift registries or suggestions on an invitation, which makes it hard for guests to know what to give; guests can seek out suggestions when they RSVP, advises Post. Many people automatically think to give the graduate money as a present.
How do you ask for money in graduation announcements?
Place a line at the bottom of the invitation similar to, “Your presence is a deeply appreciated gift; if you wish to help (graduate’s name) set up (his or her) first home, monetary donations will be deeply appreciated.” Accept other forms of monetary help.
Is a graduation announcement an invitation?
Announcements inform recipients of the accomplishment and do not include an invitation to the graduation ceremony or, typically, an invitation to a party. That’s why they are traditionally mailed after the ceremony has taken place and can be sent out between the day after the graduation to up two weeks later.
Should you hand address graduation announcements?
Handwrite the address in blue or black ink. Handwriting is more personal and preferred for graduation announcements. Generally, the address should be written in the center of the back of the envelope (the solid side, not the side with the flap). Make sure to leave space for the stamp in the upper-right-hand corner.
Who should you invite to a graduation party?
This may include your parents or parental figures, aunts, uncles, cousins, or close friends. If you only get a small number of tickets, prioritize inviting the adults you live with, and possibly a sibling or other close family member.
What is proper etiquette for college graduation announcements?
It is an etiquette myth that if you receive a graduation announcement you must send a gift. Announcements do not equal invitations to a graduation. You are not obligated to give a gift, although you may choose to do so. Whether or not you send a present, a card or note of congratulations is always appreciated.