- 1 What percentage of black American adults graduate high school?
- 2 How many Americans graduated from 2020?
- 3 Which state has the highest high school dropout rate?
- 4 What percentage of 25 to 29 year olds in the US have a bachelor’s degree or higher?
- 5 What is the average education level in America?
- 6 Who is the most educated immigrant group in America?
- 7 What race has the highest high school dropout rate?
- 8 What race has the lowest graduation rate?
- 9 What is the most popular college major?
- 10 How many people have graduated?
- 11 Are college graduates more successful than non graduates?
What percentage of black American adults graduate high school?
88% of Blacks Have a High School Diploma, 26% a Bachelor’s Degree. About 90% of the U.S. population has graduated high school, a dramatic improvement in educational attainment that began when compulsory education was adopted by every state a century ago.
How many Americans graduated from 2020?
As of the year 2020, approximately 3.9 million students have graduated from some form of degree in the United States. Most students obtain at least a Bachelor’s degree, while others have settled to an Associate’s degree.
Which state has the highest high school dropout rate?
Iowa and Kentucky boasted the highest graduation rates in the country, with each graduating an average of 94% of its classes in 2019. Massachusetts, Missouri, Nebraska and Texas followed closely behind, with average rates of 93%. At the other end of the spectrum, some states had significantly lower averages.
What percentage of 25 to 29 year olds in the US have a bachelor’s degree or higher?
In 2019, high school was the highest level of education completed by 28.1% of the population age 25 and older and 22.5% finished four years of college. From 2010 to 2019, the percentage of people age 25 and older with a bachelor’s degree or higher jumped from 29.9% to 36.0%.
What is the average education level in America?
Report Highlights: 94% of Americans have a high school diploma, while 49% have an associate’s degree and 39% have a bachelor’s degree. Educational attainment among 25- to 29-year-olds in the United States has risen at every level by as much as 80% since 2000.
Who is the most educated immigrant group in America?
According to Rice University research, Nigerian Americans are the most educated group in the United States.
What race has the highest high school dropout rate?
In 2019, the high school drop out rate for American Indian/Alaska Natives in the United States was 9.6 percent — the highest rate of any ethnicity. In comparison, the high school drop out rate for Asians was just under two percent.
What race has the lowest graduation rate?
Private nonprofit institutions had the highest 6-year graduation rates for each racial/ethnic group; Asian students (79 percent) had the highest graduation rate at private nonprofit institutions and Black students (43 percent) had the lowest.
What is the most popular college major?
Most common college majors
- Business. A business degree is a popular one that teaches students the skills they need to be successful in the workplace, whether that’s as an executive or a small business owner.
- Biomedical sciences.
How many people have graduated?
99.5 million or 39% of adults over 18 have earned a bachelor’s degree or higher. There are 59.7% more bachelor’s program graduates than there were 20 years ago and 20% more than there were 10 years ago. College graduation rates at public institutions have increased 15% since 2010.
Are college graduates more successful than non graduates?
At the median, career earnings for a bachelor’s degree graduate are more than twice as high as for someone with only a high school diploma or GED, roughly 70 percent higher than for someone with some college but no degree, and more than 45 percent higher than for someone with an associate degree.