- 1 What is the average lifespan of a high school dropout?
- 2 How much more does a high school graduate make than a dropout?
- 3 What are the benefits of graduating from high school?
- 4 What do you call a high school graduate?
- 5 What is the percentage of high school dropouts?
- 6 What jobs can a dropout get?
- 7 How much do dropouts make?
- 8 What are 5 benefits of a high school diploma?
- 9 What are the pros and cons of graduating high school early?
- 10 What are the cons of graduating high school and going to college?
- 11 What are you called after you graduate?
- 12 What are you called when you finish school?
- 13 What is the highest high school diploma?
What is the average lifespan of a high school dropout?
Statistically, high school dropouts live shorter, less fulfilling lives. Statistics show that dropouts have a life expectancy of nine years less than graduates. That is nearly a decade less, full of mixed experiences and quality years with family and friends.
How much more does a high school graduate make than a dropout?
High school graduates earn a national average of $8,000 more annually compared to high school dropouts.
What are the benefits of graduating from high school?
At a Glance
- Better career opportunities. This is typically the main reason many people pursue a high school diploma.
- Higher pay.
- Most colleges prefer a high school diploma.
- An education improves your skills.
- Less risk of being unemployed.
- Earning a high school diploma is easier than it was in the past.
What do you call a high school graduate?
In short, a high school diploma is the degree you get when you complete all the education requirements of your school, district, city, and state. In place of a high school diploma, a student can also try to attain a GED, or General Equivalency Diploma.
What is the percentage of high school dropouts?
About 25% of high school freshmen fail to graduate from high school on time. The U.S., which had some of the highest graduation rates of any developed country, now ranks 22nd out of 27 developed countries. The dropout rate has fallen 3% from 1990 to 2010 (12.1% to 7.4%).
What jobs can a dropout get?
Here are the top 10 jobs for high school dropouts.
- Construction manager. Average wage: $91,370 / £48,500 per year.
- Automotive service technician/Mechanic.
- Sales representative.
- Food service manager.
- Secretary/Administrative assistant.
- Home health aides.
- Diesel service technician/Mechanic.
How much do dropouts make?
The average dropout can expect to earn an annual income of $20,241, according to the U.S. Census Bureau (PDF). That’s a full $10,386 less than the typical high school graduate, and $36,424 less than someone with a bachelor’s degree.
What are 5 benefits of a high school diploma?
Advantages of Having a High School Diploma
- Lifelong Skills. During your high school career, you’ll learn many different subjects ranging from math to chemistry to foreign languages and more.
- Marketability. In the job market, your academic history is a big part of your personal brand.
- Higher Income.
What are the pros and cons of graduating high school early?
5 Pros of Graduating High School Early
- Be Done with High School Faster.
- Skip Senioritis.
- Pursue Opportunities Before College.
- Finish College Ahead of Time.
- Find More Intellectual Challenges.
- Can Be Stressful.
- Lose a Year of the High School Experience.
- Miss Opportunities to Earn More College Credit.
What are the cons of graduating high school and going to college?
CON: College requires a mental and emotional maturity you might not have. There is a lot of brain development going on during the teenage years. It is when our frontal lobes, where our impulse control and the ability to plan come from, are finishing development.
What are you called after you graduate?
Usage. An alumnus or alumna is a former student and most often a graduate of an educational institution (school, college, university). According to the United States Department of Education, the term alumnae is used in conjunction with either women’s colleges or a female group of students.
What are you called when you finish school?
A person who has completed his graduation, but not Master’s, is called a GRADUATE.
What is the highest high school diploma?
Most high-school graduates receive a general diploma. A general diploma indicates that the graduate has met the basic graduation requirements established by your state’s department of education.