- 1 What is the average high school graduation rate in the United States?
- 2 Which state has the worst high school graduation rate?
- 3 What race has the highest high school dropout rate?
- 4 Does dropping out of high school ruin your life?
- 5 What is the most uneducated state?
- 6 What state has the lowest high school dropout rate?
- 7 What race has the lowest graduation rate?
- 8 How many Americans graduated from 2020?
- 9 How many black males graduate high school?
- 10 Which university has the highest dropout rate?
What is the average high school graduation rate in the United States?
The high school graduation rate in the U.S. was 88% for the 2018-2019 academic year – holding steady with the previous year’s average. State graduation rates ranged from an average of 75% to 94%, according to data reported by 17,618 ranked schools in the 2021 U.S. News Best High Schools rankings.
Which state has the worst high school graduation rate?
Overall, 88.61% of Americans over the age of 25 had graduated from high school in 2019, with the highest level found in the state of Wyoming at 94.55% and the lowest in the state of California at 84.03%. In Puerto Rico, the proportion was even lower, though, at 78.78%.
What race has the highest high school dropout rate?
In 2019, the high school drop out rate for American Indian/Alaska Natives in the United States was 9.6 percent — the highest rate of any ethnicity. In comparison, the high school drop out rate for Asians was just under two percent.
Does dropping out of high school ruin your life?
High School dropouts are more than twice as likely as graduates to live in poverty within a year and begin depending on public assistance for their survival. A higher percentage of high school dropouts have health problems because of a lack of access to basic care.
What is the most uneducated state?
The Least Educated States
- West Virginia. West Virginia is the least educated U.S. state, with an overall score of 23.65.
- Mississippi. Mississippi has a score of 25.18.
- Louisiana. Louisiana holds the third-place spot for the least educated states.
- Arkansas. Arkansas’s score is 30.06 out of 100.
What state has the lowest high school dropout rate?
New Mexico. A significant anchor on the high school graduation rate in New Mexico, the lowest among the U.S. states, is the dropout rate among Native American students.
What race has the lowest graduation rate?
Private nonprofit institutions had the highest 6-year graduation rates for each racial/ethnic group; Asian students (79 percent) had the highest graduation rate at private nonprofit institutions and Black students (43 percent) had the lowest.
How many Americans graduated from 2020?
As of the year 2020, approximately 3.9 million students have graduated from some form of degree in the United States. Most students obtain at least a Bachelor’s degree, while others have settled to an Associate’s degree.
How many black males graduate high school?
Nationwide, research shows the graduation rate for black males is 59 percent — the lowest of any population in the country.
Which university has the highest dropout rate?
=1. American InterContinental University-Atlanta (30% retention rate) American InterContinental – Dunwoody is a for-profit university based in Sandy Springs, Georgia.