- 1 Which state has the worst high school graduation rate?
- 2 Which states have the fewest high school graduates?
- 3 Which state has the lowest high school dropout rate?
- 4 What is the most uneducated state?
- 5 What race has the highest dropout rate?
- 6 Does dropping out of high school ruin your life?
- 7 What state has the highest dropout rate 2020?
- 8 What state has the most dropouts?
- 9 What country has the highest high school dropout rate?
- 10 What is the high school dropout rate in the US 2020?
- 11 What college has the highest dropout rate?
- 12 What happens to high school dropouts?
Which state has the worst high school graduation rate?
Overall, 88.61% of Americans over the age of 25 had graduated from high school in 2019, with the highest level found in the state of Wyoming at 94.55% and the lowest in the state of California at 84.03%. In Puerto Rico, the proportion was even lower, though, at 78.78%.
Which states have the fewest high school graduates?
10 States With the Lowest High School Graduation Rate
- District of Columbia. In 2013, 62% of high school students graduated in District of Columbia – a 3% increase since 2011.
- Oregon. In 2013, 69% of high school students graduated in Oregon – a 1% increase since 2011.
- New Mexico.
Which state has the lowest high school dropout rate?
The last column of the table gives the rank of each state using the rates from the 2011-2012 school year. During that school year, New Hampshire had the lowest drop out rate at 1.3 percent, and Alaska had the highest at seven percent.
What is the most uneducated state?
The Least Educated States
- West Virginia. West Virginia is the least educated U.S. state, with an overall score of 23.65.
- Mississippi. Mississippi has a score of 25.18.
- Louisiana. Louisiana holds the third-place spot for the least educated states.
- Arkansas. Arkansas’s score is 30.06 out of 100.
What race has the highest dropout rate?
In 2019, the high school drop out rate for American Indian/Alaska Natives in the United States was 9.6 percent — the highest rate of any ethnicity. In comparison, the high school drop out rate for Asians was just under two percent.
Does dropping out of high school ruin your life?
High School dropouts are more than twice as likely as graduates to live in poverty within a year and begin depending on public assistance for their survival. A higher percentage of high school dropouts have health problems because of a lack of access to basic care.
What state has the highest dropout rate 2020?
Iowa and Kentucky boasted the highest graduation rates in the country, with each graduating an average of 94% of its classes in 2019. Massachusetts, Missouri, Nebraska and Texas followed closely behind, with average rates of 93%.
What state has the most dropouts?
A NCES report, “Trends in High School Dropout and Completion Rates in the United States: 2019,” found that Louisiana had the highest average dropout rate from 2013-17: 9.6%. The lowest average status dropout rate over those years was 3.8% in Massachusetts.
What country has the highest high school dropout rate?
The country with the highest school dropout rate is Malta, with 40.5%.
What is the high school dropout rate in the US 2020?
(See Table 1). Overall, statewide dropout rates for 2019–20 also remained largely stable at 8.9 percent, compared to 9 percent the previous year.
What college has the highest dropout rate?
=1. American InterContinental University-Atlanta (30% retention rate) American InterContinental – Dunwoody is a for-profit university based in Sandy Springs, Georgia.
What happens to high school dropouts?
Consequences of Dropping Out.. Dropping out of school has serious consequences for students, their families. Students who decided to drop out of school face social stigma, fewer job opportunities, lower salaries, and higher probability of involvement with the criminal justice system.