- 1 Why does the tassel go from right to left?
- 2 Is the graduation tassel on the left or right?
- 3 Why are there two tassels for graduation?
- 4 Do you wear 2 tassels at graduation?
- 5 Who turns the tassel at graduation?
- 6 What is it called when you move your tassel at graduation?
- 7 What are good quotes for graduation?
- 8 How many tassels do you wear at graduation?
- 9 What does a gold tassel mean?
- 10 What do gold cords mean in high school graduation?
- 11 How do you get a cord for graduation?
- 12 What do the different color cords at graduation mean?
Why does the tassel go from right to left?
Generally here in the states tassels are worn on the right side of the cap before the ceremony and are then moved to the left side to indicate that the wearer has passed from one level of learning to another like a diploma at high school or undergraduate degree – but they stay on the left and don’t move for a college
Is the graduation tassel on the left or right?
All tassels are to start on the right side of the cap for undergraduate students. During the ceremony, students will move the tassel to the left when instructed.
Why are there two tassels for graduation?
These might signify membership in an honors society, valedictorian status, or other achievements. If your school allows these, and you are eligible for more than one tassel, just choose one.
Do you wear 2 tassels at graduation?
In most traditional graduation ceremonies, all students begin with their tassel on the right side of the cap. After the student receives a diploma, he or she moves the tassel onto the left side. Many schools ask the students to move the tassels in unison, so everyone shares in the moment.
Who turns the tassel at graduation?
Graduation tassels go on the right side of your cap before you graduate. In some schools, you move the tassel over to the left after you shake the hand of the person who grants your diploma.
What is it called when you move your tassel at graduation?
There is a graduation tradition called the turning of the tassel. As tradition goes, there comes a time during the ceremony when the graduates are asked to flip their tassel from one side of their cap to another and this signifies the earning of a degree.
What are good quotes for graduation?
Short Graduation Quotes
- “Be bold, be courageous, be your best.”
- “There is no script.
- “Wherever you go, go with all your heart.”
- “Follow your fear.”
- “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.”
- “Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor.”
- “We know what we are, but know not what we may be.”
How many tassels do you wear at graduation?
Bring the honour cords to the front, hanging down your sides with two tassels on each side.
What does a gold tassel mean?
A gold graduation tassel is one of the most popular options for high schools, or for students who are graduating with special honors. Gold tassels may be reserved for those who are on the Dean’s list, or for those students who are being recognized for special services to the school.
What do gold cords mean in high school graduation?
Gold: This is the most popular cord color on graduation day. It can signify Latin honors for a high GPA, National Honor Society membership, and other academic honors.
How do you get a cord for graduation?
Get Graduation Cords in Your School’s Colors. Graduation cords in different colors from Honors Graduation are available in a variety to best match your school’s colors or the colors of your club, honor society, or organization. Customization is available upon request with advance notice of at least several months.
What do the different color cords at graduation mean?
At some universities, pairs of honor cords, in the school colors, indicate honors graduates: one pair for cum laude, two pairs for magna cum laude, and three pairs for summa cum laude. These are in addition to any cords for membership in an honor society.