- 1 How long does a graduation ceremony last?
- 2 How does a high school graduation ceremony go?
- 3 How long are HS graduation speeches?
- 4 What is the order of a graduation ceremony?
- 5 What is the dress code for a graduation ceremony?
- 6 What are good quotes for graduation?
- 7 What do you do on high school graduation day?
- 8 What should I expect at graduation?
- 9 Can you graduate without a cap and gown?
- 10 Who all speaks at graduation?
- 11 What should you not do in a commencement speech?
- 12 How many words is a high school graduation speech?
- 13 What do you do when you walk across the stage at graduation?
- 14 Who sits on stage at graduation?
- 15 Who do you shake hands with at graduation?
How long does a graduation ceremony last?
The duration of the Graduation ceremony is approximately 60-90 minutes; however, there are activities before and after the ceremony, such as studio photography.
How does a high school graduation ceremony go?
The ceremony usually includes speeches by the senior class president, the valedictorian, and a guest speaker. Instrumental or choral music may be included in the program. The culminating event is the presentation of graduates and the presentation of diplomas and certificates.
How long are HS graduation speeches?
Keep It Short, But Not Too Short. Knowing how long a high school graduation speech should be is important before you start writing. Student speeches at high school graduations are generally between five and 10 minutes long, but closer to five is ideal.
What is the order of a graduation ceremony?
The Commencement Ceremony Earned degrees are usually conferred in ascending order, with baccalaureate degrees first and doctorates last. Honorary degrees are conferred, with individual citations, before or after the earned degrees. At some institutions, this order is reversed, with baccalaureate degrees conferred last.
What is the dress code for a graduation ceremony?
How To Dress for Graduation (under the gown): Men wear black trousers, a white dress shirt, and a black tie under their gowns with black dress shoes. Women wear any color dress as long as it is not visible under the gown with black dress shoes. Women gowns should have the white collar worn.
What are good quotes for graduation?
Short Graduation Quotes
- “Be bold, be courageous, be your best.”
- “There is no script.
- “Wherever you go, go with all your heart.”
- “Follow your fear.”
- “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.”
- “Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor.”
- “We know what we are, but know not what we may be.”
What do you do on high school graduation day?
After graduation you’ll probably want to celebrate with your family and friends. If this is the case, you can consider:
- Going out to a fun restaurant.
- Heading to Disneyland or another amusement park.
- Go on a family vacation.
- Head to classmates’ grad parties with other friends.
- Do a spa day with some friends to unwind.
What should I expect at graduation?
When your name and degree classification is called, you’ll walk across the stage. Then you’ll receive a cylinder or piece of paper (Usually, you’ll get your actual degree certificate before or after your graduation ceremony). Some universities will take photos of each graduate shaking the chancellor’s hand.
Can you graduate without a cap and gown?
Dress requirements at graduation. Many schools require graduates to wear a cap and gown when they receive their diplomas, without any alterations or extra adornments.
Who all speaks at graduation?
The person giving such a speech is known as a commencement speaker. Very commonly, colleges or universities will invite politicians, important citizens, or other noted speakers to come and address the graduating class. A student speaker may deliver remarks either in lieu or in conjunction with a notable outside figure.
What should you not do in a commencement speech?
Do not use clichés! Develop new and original material because there is no point putting your audience to sleep by using clichés.
How many words is a high school graduation speech?
Be mindful of the appropriate length of your speech. Most people speak about 175 words per minute, so a 10-minute speech should contain about 1,750 words. You can fit about 250 words onto a double-spaced page, so that translates to seven pages of double-spaced text for 10 minutes of speaking time.
What do you do when you walk across the stage at graduation?
Once it’s time you’ll hear your name called, walk across the stage to shake the Chancellor’s hand and stop to take a photo in front of everyone. This is the part of the ceremony where your family and friends cheer as loud as possible and applaud you on this major accomplishment.
Who sits on stage at graduation?
Second—and more importantly—the valedictorian plays an important role in the graduation ceremony. Unlike most graduates, who will only come on stage to get their diploma, valedictorians usually sit on stage and actually participate in the ceremony itself by giving a speech.
Who do you shake hands with at graduation?
Take the diploma with your left hand and shake the presenter’s hand with your right. Once you approach the presenter, reach out with your left hand to take your diploma. As the presenter hands you the diploma, reach with your right hand to shake hands.