- 1 How many students go to college after high school in the US?
- 2 What percent of white high school graduates go to college?
- 3 What race goes to college the most?
- 4 What percentage of high schoolers have a 4.0 GPA?
- 5 What race has the highest dropout rate?
- 6 Which state has the highest high school dropout rate?
- 7 What race has the lowest graduation rate?
- 8 What is the most popular college major?
- 9 What is the most educated country in the world?
- 10 What is the average age of a college graduate?
- 11 What percentage of Latino students go to college?
- 12 What percent of black males graduate high school?
How many students go to college after high school in the US?
Recent High School Graduates and Dropouts (Ages 16 to 24) Of the 3.1 million youth ages 16 to 24 who graduated from high school between January and October 2020, 2.0 million (62.7 percent) were enrolled in college in October.
What percent of white high school graduates go to college?
For 2019 high school graduates, the college enrollment rate was 69.8 percent for young women and 62.0 percent for young men. The college enrollment rate of recent Asian graduates (89.9 percent ) was higher than for White (66.9 percent ), Hispanic (63.4 percent ), and Black (50.7 percent ) graduates.
What race goes to college the most?
Asian Americans had the highest educational attainment of any race, followed by whites who had a higher percentage of high school graduates but a lower percentage of college graduates. Persons identifying as Hispanic or Latino, without regard to race, had the lowest educational attainment.
What percentage of high schoolers have a 4.0 GPA?
98.4% of schools have an average GPA below a 4.0. You have a low chance of getting into with a 4.0 GPA.
What race has the highest dropout rate?
In 2019, the high school drop out rate for American Indian/Alaska Natives in the United States was 9.6 percent — the highest rate of any ethnicity. In comparison, the high school drop out rate for Asians was just under two percent.
Which state has the highest high school dropout rate?
Iowa and Kentucky boasted the highest graduation rates in the country, with each graduating an average of 94% of its classes in 2019. Massachusetts, Missouri, Nebraska and Texas followed closely behind, with average rates of 93%. At the other end of the spectrum, some states had significantly lower averages.
What race has the lowest graduation rate?
Private nonprofit institutions had the highest 6-year graduation rates for each racial/ethnic group; Asian students (79 percent) had the highest graduation rate at private nonprofit institutions and Black students (43 percent) had the lowest.
What is the most popular college major?
Most common college majors
- Business. A business degree is a popular one that teaches students the skills they need to be successful in the workplace, whether that’s as an executive or a small business owner.
- Biomedical sciences.
What is the most educated country in the world?
The 12 Most Educated Countries in the World
- South Korea (69.8 percent)
- Canada (63 percent)
- Russia (62.1 percent)
- Japan (61.5 percent)
- Ireland (55.4 percent)
- Lithuania (55.2 percent)
- Luxembourg (55 percent)
- Switzerland (52.7 percent)
What is the average age of a college graduate?
23 is the average college graduation age for traditional full time students who start college at about 18 yrs whereas the average graduation age for independent students over 24 yrs of age is about 32. Traditional full time students are more likely to graduate college within 4 to 6 yrs of enrollment.
What percentage of Latino students go to college?
Thirty-six percent of Latinos aged 18–24 enrolled in college in 2019, decreasing the enrollment gap between Latino students and Whites to 5 percentage points since 2010.
What percent of black males graduate high school?
Nationwide, research shows the graduation rate for black males is 59 percent — the lowest of any population in the country.