- 1 What is a good graduation rate for high school?
- 2 Which state has highest high school graduation rate?
- 3 Which state has the worst high school graduation rate?
- 4 What race has the highest high school dropout rate?
- 5 Whats a good graduation rate?
- 6 Does dropping out of high school ruin your life?
- 7 Which state has highest dropout rate?
- 8 What is the most uneducated state?
- 9 What race has the lowest graduation rate?
What is a good graduation rate for high school?
The high school graduation rate in the U.S. was 88% for the 2018-2019 academic year – holding steady with the previous year’s average. State graduation rates ranged from an average of 75% to 94%, according to data reported by 17,618 ranked schools in the 2021 U.S. News Best High Schools rankings.
Which state has highest high school graduation rate?
Here are the 10 states with the highest high school graduation rates:
- Montana (94.00%)
- Alaska (93.00%)
- Maine (93.00%)
- Minnesota (93.00%)
- New Hampshire (93.00%)
- North Dakota (93.00%)
- Vermont (93.00%)
- Wyoming (93.00%)
Which state has the worst high school graduation rate?
Overall, 88.61% of Americans over the age of 25 had graduated from high school in 2019, with the highest level found in the state of Wyoming at 94.55% and the lowest in the state of California at 84.03%. In Puerto Rico, the proportion was even lower, though, at 78.78%.
What race has the highest high school dropout rate?
In 2019, the high school drop out rate for American Indian/Alaska Natives in the United States was 9.6 percent — the highest rate of any ethnicity. In comparison, the high school drop out rate for Asians was just under two percent.
Whats a good graduation rate?
The official four-year graduation rate for students attending public colleges and universities is 33.3%. The six-year rate is 57.6%. At private colleges and universities, the four-year graduation rate is 52.8%, and 65.4% earn a degree in six years.
Does dropping out of high school ruin your life?
High School dropouts are more than twice as likely as graduates to live in poverty within a year and begin depending on public assistance for their survival. A higher percentage of high school dropouts have health problems because of a lack of access to basic care.
Which state has highest dropout rate?
A NCES report, “Trends in High School Dropout and Completion Rates in the United States: 2019,” found that Louisiana had the highest average dropout rate from 2013-17: 9.6%. The lowest average status dropout rate over those years was 3.8% in Massachusetts.
What is the most uneducated state?
The Least Educated States
- West Virginia. West Virginia is the least educated U.S. state, with an overall score of 23.65.
- Mississippi. Mississippi has a score of 25.18.
- Louisiana. Louisiana holds the third-place spot for the least educated states.
- Arkansas. Arkansas’s score is 30.06 out of 100.
What race has the lowest graduation rate?
Private nonprofit institutions had the highest 6-year graduation rates for each racial/ethnic group; Asian students (79 percent) had the highest graduation rate at private nonprofit institutions and Black students (43 percent) had the lowest.